Before The Long Earth
- The Chartists demonstration on Kennington Common.
- The Knights of Discorporea are approved by Prince Albert.
- The Knights of Discorporea go to Berlin.
- Radcliffe tries to shut down the Knights of Discorporea.
- Private Percy Blakeney steps away from World War I into a stepwise France and encounters the trolls.
- Freddie Burdon and Maria Valienté both receive a letter from the Fund. Maria runs away from her family and ends up at the Home in Madison and Freddie goes to Madison to seek Maria.
- Summer, Joshua Valienté is conceived.
- Step Day : Willis Linsay uploads the diagram of the Stepper box online.
- Birth of Wu Yue-Sai.
- Sally Linsay (age 19) leaves the Datum.
- Officer Monica Jansson goes to the Home to meet once more Joshua Valienté.
- Jim Russo goes to Sutter West 5 to find the location where James Marshall had seen gold flakes in 1848.
- The Greens reach Earth West 100,000, registered their claims and picked Earth West 101,753 to settle down.
- The US government froze the assets and impounded the bank accounts of all the people living beyond Earth West 20 and Earth East 20.
The Long Earth
- Summer : beginning of the Journey : Lobsang and Joshua Valienté live Siberia West 4 aboard the Mark Twain.
- On the third day of their trip Lobsang and Joshua Valienté stop at Earth West 33,157 where Joshua encounters trolls for the first time.
- Joshua Valienté visits Happy Landings for the third time and meet Paul Spencer Wagoner and his family.
- Joshua Valienté and Helen Green get married.
- Birth of Angela Hartmann.
- Birth of Stan Berg.
- Birth of Rocky Lewis.
- Nelson Azikiwe tells Ken about his plan to leave his parish in search of the 'Lobsang Project'.
- Sally Linsay shows up at Joshua Valienté's home in Hell-Knows-Where to ask him to go before the Congress on Datum Earth on behalf of the trolls.
April to May
- The USS Benjamin Franklin drops some of his crew at the fringe of Reboot.
- Joshua Valienté and Bill Chambers meet with Senator Starling to try to have Congress draw a protective order for trolls.
- The trolls leave the Earths with a significant human presence.
- Sally Linsay and Monica Jansson break out Mary and Ham from the GapSpace facility.
- Lobsang asks Joshua Valienté to find Sally Linsay and the trolls.
- The USS Neil A. Armstrong I is declared missing on the outernet.
- The Zheng He and the Liu Yang arrive at Earth East 20,000,000 on the sixth day of the month.
- The twains of Operation Prodigal Son arrive at Valhalla.
- The trolls are showing up again across the Long Earth.
- On the eighth day of the month, the Yellowstone eruption begins. On the 14th, it stops.
- Joshua Valienté and Sally Linsay help evacuate the Brewers the day after the eruption stopped.
January to July
- Joe Mackenzie and Ben Morton are sent to Earth West 1,617,524, along with other scientists, to study the beagles.
- Birth of Nikos Irwin.
- Joe Mackenzie, Ben Morton and the other scientists accidentally start a war between different groups of beagles. They leave Earth West 1,617,524.
- Brian Cowley is elected President of the United States of America for a third time.
- Sally Linsay recieves a message from her father, Willis, asking her to go to the Gap.
- Launch of the USS Neil A. Armstrong II and the USS Eugene A. Cernan on the West Quarter Billion mission from Capitol Hill, on Madison West 5.
- Arrival of Sally Linsay, Willis Linsay and Frank Wood on Gap Mars occurs on the 15th day of the month.
May to June
- The USS Neil A. Armstrong II and the USS Eugene A. Cernan, now four months into their expedition, pass Earth West 175,000,000 and discover the Traverser Band.
- The Next are swept up by the police, the military and Homeland Security all over the US Aegis and help captive on the Datum Hawaiian base on Pearl Harbor.
- Arrival of the USS Neil A. Armstrong II and the USS Eugene A. Cernan on Earth West 250,000,000 (Good Old Quarter Billion).
- Beanstalk Day - 11 weeks since their landing on Mars and nearly three millions steps from the Gap, Willis discovers the beanstalk.
August to December
- The USS Neil A. Armstrong II and the USS Eugene A. Cernan come back from their expedition to the remote Long Earths with the 'Napoleons' in custody, precipitating the crisis for the Next.
- The USS Neil A. Armstrong II and the USS Eugene A. Cernan take position next to Happy Landings and are ready to nuke the town.
- A Month after the return of the USS Neil A. Armstrong II and the USS Eugene A. Cernan from Happy Landings, Lobsang and Agnes visit the town and Lobsang destroys it with an asteroid.
- November: Lobsang fakes his death.
- December: Lobsang's funeral, in Madison West 5.
- A catastrophic winter on Datum Earth, possibly caused by the collapse of the Gulf Stream, causing a wave of emigration away from it and into the Long Earth.
- The US Navy raids the Svalbard Global Seed Vault on Spitsbergen, a Norwegian island, for its stock of seeds.
- Government and corporate interests take over Miami West 4 and transform it into a space elevator construction site.
- Birth of Ben Abrahams.
- The orbital terminus of the space elevator in Miami West 4 has been built and put into orbit.
- Joshua Valienté, for his fiftieth birthday, crosses one hundred thousands worlds in one day.
- Joshua Valienté meets with Nelson Azikiwe in Datum London and learn about his ancestry, the Fund and his father.
- Joshua Valienté finds Sally Linsay in Earth West 389,413.
- The Cauterizing: Stan Berg, Sally Linsay and Lobsang seal Earth West 1,217,756 from the inside to save the worlds from the silver beetles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.